A slightly healthier treat for your loved-one this Valentine’s day!
This Fruit & Nut Chocolate Bark makes a perfect Valentine’s Day gift – and the darker you go with the chocolate the healthier it is.
Cacao contains a host of anti-oxidants and the addition of almonds adds some protein and healthy fats to the recipe, to reduce the overall effect on your blood sugar levels. Aim for 75-85% dark chocolate.
350g dark chocolate
125g blanched almonds, toasted and chopped
100g unsweetened dried fruit (e.g. cranberries) – or you could try fresh/frozen (defrosted) cranberries
pinch of sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Melt the dark chocolate by filling the bottom of a saucepan with a couple of centimetres of water and bring to a simmer over a medium-high heat.
- Once melted, tip into the prepared tin and smooth with a spatula so the chocolate is evenly distributed.
- Scatter over the remaining ingredients (you can add a pinch of dried chillies if you’re feeling brave) and chill in the fridge until the chocolate sets (about 30 mins.).
- Peel off the parchment and break into pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to a month (if it lasts that long!).